Monday, October 25, 2010

my next big investment

...well to me at least.


I have a lot of random makeup, from Chanel, to Dior, to Bobbi Brown, to Benefit...etc, you get the idea. I have decided that I am going to consolidate everything, gradually. So today, I went out to MAC and bought 2 palettes; one for eyeshadows and one for blush. To fill the palettes fully would run me well over $300, so I am going to do it gradually; I'll buy 2-3 per month (but will likely buy a large chunk at Duty Free when I go to NYC in Dec). 


I also need to invest in some brushes, I also have very random brushes, from Sephora & Bobbi Brown. Not that I don't like them, I just want all of them to be uniform, likely from MAC.




Since this post is about Beauty, I'd like to talk about a few of my favorite items.


1.) Makeup remover: From Sephora $14. For many years I always used the Bi-Facial from Lancome, great makeup remover I have to say. However, I find that it was too oily and in hindsight quite expensive at $34. I recently just stared using the Sephora brand makeup remover, and I have to say that I love it! I haven't tried it with mascara yet though because I have lash extensions, so I'm not sure if it's very effective with mascara.


2.) Powder: Chanel Mat Lumiere $60. I have used different powders while experimenting with makeup, I've tried MAC, Nars, drug store brands. Non of them compare to this! It is soft, and silky. It's just amazing!


3.) Eye Liner: Bobbi Brown Gel Liner $28. I love, LOVE this product! It stays on forever, absolutely amazing!


4.) Cheeks: Benefit High Beam $24. This product is so wonderful, one of the best sellers from Benefit. A couple dabs on the cheeks and your skin looks super translucent! This can also be mixed with your foundation, for an overall complexion enhancer.


5.) Brows: Benefit Speed Brow $16. Tames your brows in no time! Goes on clear, and really shapes your brows. I recently discovered this and I love it! However the down side to it is that one tube doesn't last very long.


My dream is to have one of those vanities filled with makeup, and makeup brushes, and perfumes. Hopefully by the time we move into our presale condo I'll be able to have my dream vanity!!




- K.

No comments:

Post a Comment